Thursday, September 29, 2005

news from the news

This morning during my procrastination break, I was on the Web site of the denomination I grew up in. Thought about attending the local branch, to say I'd been there. On the site I saw a name that looked sickeningly familiar. The name was connected to an article -- and that person was recently named national president of the denomination. I can't imagine the reaction some people close to me must have had to this news -- although not ultimately surprising, this gentleman being named national president is (forgive a poor, dramatic analogy) like a time traveler going back to witness the election of Hitler as German chancellor. Not that this gentleman is a dictator or militaristic -- but from my limited knowledge he has been deceitful and is directly responsible for part of my skepticism toward the church and clergy in general.

Please pray for an unspoken denomination.

No comments: