Monday, September 19, 2005

Below (if you dare) you will find my first (really failed) attempt at audioblogging. Don't worry -- it's not actually my voice. It's Dan Hazeltine's (Jars). He's singing a song ("The Edge of Water") that's been in my head all day. (Well, that and the one song with the line "stranger than your sympathy" again). My freshman year, back in the unbeatable Fern 306, I would (as in on more than one occasion) lock my roommate out after supper (well, just lock it so I'd know when she was coming), put on my headphones, stand on my desk chair and watch the spring sun set as I listened to this song.

Have you ever been haunted
the way I've been by You?
And have you ever felt
the measure of the days that I've spent waiting,
pining for You?

Can't feel the sun for the daylight
can't feel your breath for the wind
don't want to (move? run?) from these shadows
'til You're coming back again.

No comments: