Monday, August 08, 2005

riding in cars without boys

In my opinion, they should not give licenses to people who do not know how their cars work or how to maintain them. The preponderance of these people are women.

And I am one of these undereducated, female people.

Here I am, hours from my mechanic/financial consultant/computer technician, and the vehicle I'm driving is having serious problems. I cannot help her, poor child. (Though I don't think Dad could do much for her, either.) We shall now begin a period of second and third opinions and estimates and phone calls, phone calls, phone calls.

This is my first experience dealing with a real mechanic.

This will potentially be the most expensive investment (aside from an education) that I have made to date.

And just how will I get from the mechanic to work to interview to work to interview to work to mechanic?

...another of those moments I wish I'd taken the job at home.

And also not. I have to do this. I also get to do this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just got a little caught up with your life. Sad to hear about your car. I hope things work out well. I hate taking my car into the shop. After seeing some 20/20 or Dateline thing about how they rip you off I never know what to think. Heck, I just took my car in because my "service engine soon" line flashed at me. They told me that it was to say that my gas guage was broken and had I noticed it fluctuating or anything. No, I said and it's been pretty consistent. Fill it up. 1 1/2 weeks...fill it up again. Anyway, they said something was wrong with it but they can't figure out how to fix it. Thanks. Oh, and they charged me $125 to tell me that. I could have read that same thing in the owners mannual and not fixed it for free. Grr.
Anyway...
How's the church shopping going? Doesn't sound like it's going all that great. I hate that for you. It's so important to have a good church to go to. I feel blessed to have the church I do, however I'm going to feel new because Brian and I now have to leave our comfortable college-age class and travel downstairs to the young couples class. Scary.
Well, hope you have a good day!
-Erin :o)