Thursday, August 11, 2005

house arrest

It's funny, isn't it, how much cars run our lives? Well, not funny, per se. Depressing, perhaps.

For example, "my" car was diagnosed today with one of the most troubling of all car troubles. It was started its little routine at the most inopportune time today, of course, after not acting up for nearly two days. I am placing myself and the poor thing (which, strangely, I don't feel deserves a name) under a limited house arrest. She is allowed to travel to work and to the grocery store (which is in between) when deemed inevitable.

Of course, while I'm talking with the jolly and filthy repairmen, a friend calls and invites me to hang out tonight. At least I could be upset if the problem was JoAnn's -- or at least pretend to be.

Poor us. And poor Dad. And poor family. I'm sure Dad's going to be in the best of moods now. I want to say, "Hey, don't worry. I've got the tab." But it would take me over a month's wages to cover this fiasco...

Who else hates money? :)

:(

Remind us that You are always with us, Lord. Thank You that even our smallest problems concern You. You answer our slightest need.

Jesus, my biggest concern is not the money -- I know it's there. My worry is the attitudes of all those who will be inconvenienced in the next couple of weeks because of me and it. You know how I hate bothering people. Please help joy and patience to surface in the most unlikely of places in their lives. Bless those who have blessed me.

And keep me safe. (Please.)

No comments: