Thursday, October 12, 2006

As usual, all hell broke loose here this afternoon. Just as I feel like I've got a handle on my story budget (schedule) for the rest of the week. :)

So, it did snow. Heavy flurries might be a better term. It was cold enough that some would stay on the ground but there just weren't enough of them to amount to much. It was darn windy, though. The photographer and I were complaining to each other all afternoon about having to go to a ribbon-cutting for a dog park in the freezing cold, but when we got there I know I had fun. I could tell he was pretty excited about the shots he got, too. I left with dog slobber on the cuffs and edges of my newly-dry cleaned winter coat. The photographer was smart and came in a change of clothes.

Life, you know. At times it is apparent how many things you really do know. And then there are other moments where heavy piles of paper and books come piling down around you and the acronyms come flying out of the woodwork and confidence is gone again.

Today my old boss called and asked where some things were located in the office. There were the normal questions about how I was liking my job, etc. It's so strange to think back at life before September (so very long ago). Kind of painful, kind of happy, kind of like 2005-06 was two and a half years ago.

Today my mom gave me leftover chili. A true mom, it could not be given without packing it in a paper sack with chips and cheese and a spoon. And she made me lunch and helped me try to conquer an ink stain on my WEEK OLD cords. And she told me the outfit I was thinking about wearing was not flattering on me. :) And then she had to give me a kiss before I left even though she saw me three days ago and will see me in another three. Maybe a bizarre topic for some -- I grew up almost always giving my parents a kiss on the cheek when giving them a hug. Like it was all part of the same action. Is that strange? When I sit and think about it, kisses were a notable point in my childhood. Another story.

No comments: