Thursday, September 07, 2006

day 3

Three days and still no photos to liven this white page up for y'all.

Well, three days in to the job, things are going better. Yesterday afternoon I got a bunch of assignments that will keep me occupied but not too occupied through Monday morning. Sources are actually calling me back and talking my ear off and friendly. Feeling more comfortable with the co-workers.

Having said all this, I haven't written anything yet for publication.

One thing I like about being home: Today was my brother's birthday. I was able to pick him up from his job, take him to my parents' and have birthday cake for 45 minutes, then go home to my bed. I didn't have to pack a suitcase or my dirty clothes or spend $60 on gas to get there.

I haven't posted really that much about this town. It's hard to express its uniqueness, because you really have to be there to believe it and understand it. It was like growing up in a bubble in a way because... this town is not like the rest of the world, kind of in the way Orange City's not, but times six. More on that later.

For now, it suffices to say that I work downtown. Downtown is thriving, relatively, here. I can walk from work to at least a half dozen restaurants for lunch... no, probably more like a dozen -- then stop by the post office to mail a letter, pay my late fees at the library, pick up a birthday present all in 45 minutes. And then walk back to work. It's a nice change.

No comments: