Friday, November 10, 2006

snow!

They said on the weather last night that they could get six inches of snow between Rochester and LaCrosse, but little to none in the metro. I woke up this morning and looked out the window from my bed and since it was still dark it was hard to see if the trees had any sort of coating or were just reflecting lights.

Got up and looked out another window ... the cars are slightly buried! The news says we have seven inches here, but that seems a little high to me. Nevertheless, a high-quality first snow overall: unexpected, thick enough to cover the ground, with light winds, and fell overnight so that you wake up to a transformed world. I am well pleased. Just wish I didn't have so much crap to get done today.

Just yesterday I was riding in the car and decided the world was looking like God was fiddling with "desaturate" in his version of Photoshop. But it looked neat.

No comments: