Thursday, November 09, 2006

'bout them big decisions

Wynia, I'm sick of big decisions. You're welcome to mine. :)

But thanks for the prayers all the same -- they were felt. This week I got ANOTHER new job. I almost didn't take it because I'm tired of switching jobs so often, but it was a promotion and a raise and one of those chances you can't really pass up.

And, this week I got a new loveseat and chair. Both comfy and both blue. The chair is one of those rocking gliders, and I'm excessively fond of rockers. Almost as much as porch swings -- almost.

This week was also elections, as you well know. Being a twice-weekly paper that prints Tuesday nights, we didn't get to go to bed until the results came in, which didn't conclude until midnight. I became frustrated because most of the Democrats I voted for lost and most of the Republicans I voted for also lost. There was at least one huge upset here and one really, incredibly, senseless choice on the part of the voters. This is not an answer based on partiality -- it really was clearly an uninformed decision, because the person they all voted for didn't campaign at all! He was not at all contactable -- I've called him more than 20 times -- and he didn't attend candidate forums and ... yeah. Apparently people have been sending flowers and sincere condolences to the losing candidate, who has run for office several times and is probably more informed than half of the actual councilmen. Whether or not you agree with him, at least he's involved and responsive.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Someday you're going to be the reluctant editor of the New York Times if you keep advancing at this rate.