Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a, b, c, d...

A. Reading French: It's like riding a bike.
A friend recently returned my long-lost French textbooks. I was flipping through them last night, just reading the introduction to a section... and I realized the whole paragraph had been in French. And I knew what it said.

I used to love French, even thought about majoring in it. There's just not a lot of use for it in my everyday life, unless I'm reading Russian lit.

B. Things Fall Apart
Heard that was a good book. I like the title. It's funny how quickly they do fall apart, though -- the duration of a phrase, even.

C. When I Grow Up
Took a career-exploration quiz yesterday, just because I saw the link. It was only 24 questions that I thought were obscure -- you know how you can usually figure out how the quiz works? Thought I had this one figured out, but it was shockingly accurate. It detailed my "personal style" and said I'd make a good accountant, tax lawyer or engineer -- all options that probably would have been appropriate for me. Funny -- my sister's an accountant and my dad's an engineer. And I was almost pre-law. (But I can never figure out my taxes.)

D. Epidemic
Today I encouraged my co-workers to quit -- not to spite the bosses, but because it would be in their interest to be elsewhere. There seems to be a quitting epidemic, as there are apparently others in other offices also considering it.

E. Ha, ha.

No comments: