Sunday, November 13, 2005

diary of a church hopper, pt. 13

The best-laid plans...

I even told ND this week I'd be going back to the Baptist church for reasons X, Y, and Z. That didn't end up working out -- must have turned my alarm off again in my sleep. Tried to make it with the five minutes' time I had, but it was a no-go. I also told K I would think about St. George's next week, so we'll see how good I am about sticking to that.

So, it was RCA megachurch again. The pastor said one or two things I disagreed with, but two remarkable things happened.
1) The couple in front of me introduced themselves and asked me a few questions about myself during and after the service.
2) I had to cover something for work very near the ending time for the service, so I almost snuck out a side door a few minutes early. But I didn't. And on my way into the crowd I almost (physically) ran into my next door neighbor from Apartment B! I keep forgetting she goes to school here. I really don't know her well, and we were both in a hurry to be places, but we exchanged phone numbers. If she (and two other NW girls I don't know) regularly went to this church, that would be a swaying factor for me, because I was about ready to set down roots with the Baptists.

No comments: