Saturday, December 09, 2006

I most decidedly have a cold.

It's not so bad, though. It really is good timing, if a cold can ever come at a good time. We had a really tight paper to deal with yesterday and I had the A section half done by early afternoon -- I could have been out of there as early as 9:10 but dawdled awhile with webbing stories. And today there's nothing to do but be.

That being said, I'm sure you know how frustrating it is when your nose is stuffy and you blow it and blow it and it just gets stuffier. At least I never get sick for more than a couple of days -- it'll be all gone by Monday. And it's kind of fun to be sick once in a while, just to do nothing and take naps and eat chicken noodle soup (though I spilled 1/4 on the floor while I was taking it out of the microwave).

I went over to my parents' for a few hours in the afternoon to get my turn signal fixed. A batch of Christmas cookies had just come out of the oven! Later on I just laid on the couch there under a thick blanket and looked out the huge windows -- it's a great view, especially when you're laying down. Then you can't see the yard and the highway and the neighboring homes. It's just a six-window view of mature evergreens tops and the giant, bare maple, whose branches almost touch the house. It felt quite luxurious.

No comments: