Tuesday, April 10, 2007

withdrawal

No. Really. Medical withdrawal. 70 percent sure.

Why withdrawal sucks:
  • You get dizzy
  • You get cranky because you're dizzy
  • You get cranky because you can't stop the dizziness
  • You get cranky about being cranky
  • You're also sleepy
  • You're cranky about biology
  • The world keeps going even though you're tired
  • The alternative to withdrawal is not withdrawing.
  • 'The cure is worse than the disease.'

I had decided for a number of reasons to stop using my anti-depressant. One of the reasons being that the reasons I was depressed in the first place were more or less gone. I stopped taking a full week before I started feeling like crap. There's still a chance I'm actually just sick. But basically I'm darn irritable and not happy about it. And it feels like someone is blowing a fan through my brain waves to ward them off.

Also, I don't want to be forever using this stuff. It's maddening that what I am naturally is this. If I choose to add chemicals, I can be something else. But it's not natural.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree...i was on one for a while once, and if i ever forgot to take it a couple of days in a row, that's how i felt. also when I was tapering down off of it . Nothing like feeling carsick when you aren't.
~sw

Nick said...

did you step down? or go cold turkey? good luck!