Monday, April 17, 2006

in the news (of me)

  • Easter, as you know, is over. I went home and ate chocolate with the fam. Because my lovely new camera arrived in time, it came home with me and I took a couple hundred photos (whittled down, then, to 40 worth looking at) of them and their activities. Photos to come when my computer cooperates.
  • My landlord sent me a letter and asked me to pay less rent from now on.
  • I went shopping with my mom. This entails trying on clothes -- not fun. Yes, I picked out the clothes (and paid for them), but this required me looking at myself a lot. Anytime you are looking at yourself you find a myriad of things wrong with you. So you come home with a bag or two but a level of self-esteem far more deflated than before you left. And then there's the shopping headache. I try on armloads of things and sometimes come home with one or two items (and never what you were looking for in the first place). My mom is one of the few people I feel comfortable clothes shopping with, because I'm such a slow browser/trier-on-er.
  • I've won six awards through the South Dakota Newspaper Association. It will be the end of May before I know what they are. That's kind of mean and torturous of them to give you a little hint and then leave you hanging for five weeks.
  • Two words: allergy season. The torture began slowly Wednesday and was full-blown misery by Thursday afternoon. Gradually they have been relenting, with relative normalcy restored today, no thanks to prescription meds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish my bank would write me and tell me to pay less mortgage. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? Your landlord asked you to pay LESS rent? What is the catch!!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rel! Awards from a Newspaper Association. This means people are noticing your fine work. Way to go! :)

I just Google-d "St. George's Episcopal Church in LeMars Iowa" and your blog came up. (Hehe) And then I saw "chicadee K" and I was like, "Wait, that's me!" I hope you're well!