Thursday, March 09, 2006

two things

Thing 1: My goal is to learn plant and bird names by the end of the summer.

Thing 2: I confess that I have never "witnessed" to someone with words. That was one reason I would get really nervous in conversations with my (now ex-) co-worker that veered toward religion. He went to a "Christian" college and took several religion classes, so he knows his theology and his Bible better than many Christians. He knows what he's talking about in a conversation. I'm a little shakier. (Plus I cannot think on my feet.)

Some friends of his have been trying to get him to visit their Bible study. He's really ticked off about this. And he made a good point: What's a more threatening picture than joining a group of people who all believe this Bible is truth when you don't and they're all going to be attacking you with questions?

What then is my role as a Christian? Apparently asking someone to your Bible study is not a clear-cut answer. Pushiness does not seem to be the answer. Is it being that "book" for others to read? That friend who listens? Or just to plant another seed as a picture of a Christian who was not judging him?

No comments: