Thursday, February 23, 2006

You know you have found a friend when you've found an author who can explain one of those feelings you had that you wondered if anyone else on earth did, too.

"Who are they, and what are you talking about?"
"The Elves, sir. We had some talk last night; and they seemed to know you were going away, so I didn't see the use of denying it. Wonderful folk, Elves, sir! Wonderful!"
"They are," said Frodo. "Do you like them still, now you have had a closer view?"
"They seem a bit above my likes and dislikes, so to speak," answered Sam slowly. "It don't seem to matter what I think about them."
--"Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien (and Reason #36 why I love Sam)

Jane's "moon secret," as she called it, was the one thing she hadn't shared with mother or Jody. She couldn't, somehow. It was her very own. To tell about it would be to destroy it.
-- "Jane of Lantern Hill" by L.M. Montgomery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in reading the rest of this list as to why you like Sam (though I agree with you, he is an awesome character).